Sunday, January 3, 2010

Morning Prayer

I open my hand and allow God to fill it. Lying in bed this morning I found myself slipping into a fear-filled space. What if I don't have enough to do this? What happens when that? Fear has a life of its own, it exists without justification. It pokes at me in the early hours; it tells me that I am not enough. It is in these times that I need to open my hands, my heart and my mind to God in prayer.


Dear God, fill my empty hands with your spirit. Please encircle my heart with your love, your life and your wisdom. Guide me as I journey to you, and show me the next right thing to do, as I seek peace and serenity today.

I fell asleep soon after asking God for help and woke feeling refreshed. I don't know what today will bring, but I do know that whatever it is, I am walking with a full heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment