Thursday, November 18, 2010

Life is just a big ole water balloon

It is the middle of the semester, the research projects are piling up and the creatures that come out at night have decided to mess up my house. Well, maybe I just haven't cleaned in a few days, or rather months. As this is my fifth semester at my present school, I have had a wee bit of time to practice the overworked college student juggling act. There are areas that I have improved (dishes and cat box are done in the morning right after caffeine injection) and areas that have seen a decline (just look at the date for my last post.) My life seems like a balloon, pinch one area and the other blows up. In the midst of juggling and mixing metaphors I have managed to create peace in certain areas of my life (mainly the sink and cat box) whilst allowing havoc to enter through the back door. So this is what I know to be true today. My body needs to be cared for spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically while taking 20 credits and commuting almost 3 hours a day and raising a child. I need prayer and meditation, therapy and relationships, exercise, healthy meals and sleep. I also need to write a research paper and read a 250 page novel. How to juggle? I have taken to waking early to clean the dishes as to decrease the chaos, yet that merely decreases my nightly rest, resulting in an elevated intake of caffeine, that leaches calcium from my bones. Squeeze one end the other end blows up, and bursts leaving me drenched. The solution to this? This is not a problem for a mere mortal like myself, I need to ask for help. I need to up my spiritual connection, make contact, go where no woman has gone before, don a cape and tights and fly off to save the Universe with my super powers. Hopefully at this point the reader realizes that the woman typing is operating Windows on five hours of sleep, not exactly legal. So what to do? God, Grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change (my inability to juggle and balance, especially my checkbook) the courage to change the things I can (as in turn off the computer and go to sleep) and the wisdom to know the difference. All I need to do today is to stay away from my addictions, and ask God to do the rest. Then I need to get out the way, listen and do what She says.

No comments:

Post a Comment